Sunday, July 15, 2012

Reflections from Saratoga Springs

It is a rainy Sunday afternoon and I am glad that I can enjoy it with out having to go anywhere.  The first of two weeks of babysitting has been completed, and I have the day off.  The kid and his father have just returned from their day trip to fort Ticonderoga, and his mom is at Music Mountain Festival, playing with the Cassatt string quartet.
This morning I ventured down the road to go to church at the UU Congregation of Saratoga Springs.  I was
welcomed into the beautiful little church, and listened to a beautiful sermon about finding joy in a troubled world.  The sermon included a demonstration of the infectiousness of joy by singing "This Little light of mine while a group of congregants tried their best to hold onto anger.  Of course, by the end they all had smiles and were repressing laughs.  We were also asked to a neighbor and shared something we are grateful for. Apparently, the church is under transition and finding a new minister, so I wish them the best of luck.  I always love to explore the UU congregations in any town I visit.
After church I went into town and found a neat fair-trade store where I purchased a present for my sister's 10th birthday.  This butterfly must have liked the wares as much as I did!









This week I learned Tai Chi watched the NYC Ballet, baked cookies, went swimming, rode the old carousel, and ate lots of yummy ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment